Our members are leading the way for nutrition education of health professionals
Now taking applications: NEHP Excellence in Nutrition Education Award
The NEHP Excellence in Nutrition Education Award recognizes a member who:
1) Demonstrates creativity, initiative, and dedication in nutrition education of health.
2) Contributes to the promotion of healthy nutrition in the care of clients by physicians, nurses, and
other allied health professionals.
What's your role in food insecurity?
- HOD takes on the mega issue of food insecurity for the spring meeting. Learn more by downloading the backgrounder and executive summary.
- Food insecurity affect 1 out of 6 individuals.
- Find out how many are affected by food insecurity where you live with this nifty interactive tool - Map The Meal Gap
- Help bring awareness to the food insecurity and obesity paradox. Download the Hunger in the Community What Can We Do -Toolkit with ready to go presentation and handout.
CDR: Moving to competency based professional development!
Stay tuned for more information as it comes available.
Collaborate with others, make your profile public!
The Member Search button can help you find other members with similar interests or are in your area. But first you need to make your profile public. A public profile is only available to NEHP members. Follow these steps:
- Click on Profile in upper right corner
- Scroll to bottom and click on Edit
- Check the box for Public Profile
- Add a Profile Story and click Save
Have you heard EatRight Radio?
Access free PSA style nutrition tips to use for outreach or other nutrition activities.
Now Available: Revised tool to support your efforts to expand coverage of MNT services
Attention RDs! The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is thrilled to announce the latest edition of its third-party payer brochure. With an updated look, new cost-effectiveness information and outcomes data, this timely resource is essential to your advocacy efforts.
This easy to read brochure has been used extensively as an advocacy tool by registered dietitians to initiate referrals and to expand insurance coverage for MNT services. The brochure can be used in meetings with private payers, government officials, physicians and other key decision makers to send a strong message on the value and expertise of the registered dietitian.
Academy members can download the brochure for free at www.eatright.org/coverage (click on Expanding Coverage).
This effort is a component of the Value of the RD campaign supported by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.