Our members are leading the way for nutrition education of health professionals
Connect with others, join the NEHP Facebook group!
Are you pressed for time to come up with a healthy holiday eating presentation or idea for a newsletter? The Academy has got your back.
Ready to use presentations from the Academy are now available. Check them out!
- Gobble, Gobble, Gobble up the Good Stuff
- Holiday Cheer Healthy Habits are Here
- A New You Keeping Healthy New Year's Resolutions
- and more!
Do you need to make an educational handout but need high quality images of foods? Check out the Academy's free stock photos.
Free resource for addressing physical activity in young children
Bright Futures Obesity Prevention Training for Child Care Providers
The curriculum is a series of three online modules designed to help child care providers working in local programs promote children’s physical activity.
• Discusses why it’s important for young children to be physically active
• Explains how much physical activity children need
• Describes how child care providers can promote physical activity in child care programs
• Describes adults’ role, especially parents’, in promoting physical activity
• Provides ideas that child care providers can share with parents to help their child be physically active
The curriculum was produced by Katrina Holt, M.P.H., M.S., R.D., Georgetown University. Development of the curriculum was supported by a grant from the U.S. Department of Health an and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Department of Nutrition.
Have you heard EatRight Radio?
Access free PSA style nutrition tips to use for outreach or other nutrition activities.
Now Available: Revised tool to support your efforts to expand coverage of MNT services
Academy members can download the brochure for free at www.eatright.org/coverage (click on Expanding Coverage).
This effort is a component of the Value of the RD campaign supported by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.