Our members are leading the way for nutrition education of health professionals
Apply now! 2014 NEHP Excellence in Nutrition Education of Health Professionals Award
The NEHP Excellence in Nutrition Education Award recognizes a member who:
1) Demonstrates creativity, initiative, and dedication in nutrition education of health professionals.
2) Contributes to the promotion of healthy nutrition in the care of clients by physicians, nurses, and other allied health professionals.
Eligibility: Current members of NEHP who have been in good standing for at least a year. Members of the
NEHP Executive and Award committees are ineligible to apply.
Connect with others, join the NEHP Facebook group and meet your NEHP leaders:
Chair: Elizabeth Eilender
Chair-elect: Gina Pazzaglia
Secretary: Barbara Grossman
Nominating Committee Member: Sue Cunningham
HOD DPG Delegate: Lona Sandon
Congrats to NEHP member Denise Ferko-Adams, newly elected Director at Large of the Board of Directors.
Free resource for addressing physical activity in young children
Bright Futures Obesity Prevention Training for Child Care Providers
The curriculum is a series of three online modules designed to help child care providers working in local programs promote children’s physical activity.
• Discusses why it’s important for young children to be physically active
• Explains how much physical activity children need
• Describes how child care providers can promote physical activity in child care programs
• Describes adults’ role, especially parents’, in promoting physical activity
• Provides ideas that child care providers can share with parents to help their child be physically active
The curriculum was produced by Katrina Holt, M.P.H., M.S., R.D., Georgetown University. Development of the curriculum was supported by a grant from the U.S. Department of Health an and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Department of Nutrition.
Now Available: Revised tool to support your efforts to expand coverage of MNT services
Academy members can download the brochure for free at www.eatright.org/coverage (click on Expanding Coverage).
This effort is a component of the Value of the RD campaign supported by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.