Our members are leading the way for nutrition education of health professionals
The State of America's Food Waste & Opportunities to Make a Difference
Available on the Academy's Foundation website.
NEHP Webinar Series
Using Evidence Based Decision Making to Document Student Learning Assessment
- Provide an overview of program level student learning assessment and its’ role in education.
- Differentiate between classroom and program level assessment.
- Demonstrate the importance of evidence based decisions to improve student learning.
- Apply techniques and tools to document student learning at the program level.
Overcoming Barriers - Encouraging Student Engagement in Online Classrooms
Presenter: Dr. Natasha Lindsey – University of North Alabama
Access recorded webinar.
- Identify strategies to overcome issues with student engagement due to social obstacles.
- Identify strategies to overcome issues with student engagement due to administrative obstacles.
- Identify strategies to overcome issues with student engagement due to motivational obstacles.
“Opps! Should I do that?” Ethics in Dietetics, What You Need to Know
Presenter: Dr. Dianne Kammerer Polly – Shelby County Education Foundation
- State the purpose of the Academy/CDR Code of Ethics.
- Learn how to access the Academy/CDR Code of Ethics from the Academy Web site.
- Identify the distinction between ethical issues and legal, business, or personal issues.
- Use the Academy/CDR Code of Ethics to identify principles within the Code of Ethics that may apply to a specific situation in her/his practice.
Pre-recorded Webinar: Nutrition Focused Physical Assessment: Helping Students Make the Clinical Connections
For WebEx streaming version pre-recorded webinar click here.
For MP4 version precorded webinar click here.
Sep. 2015 Update - ACEND Recommends New Education Model
The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) has recommended a new model for the education of nutrition and dietetics professionals based on input from over 9,500 stakeholders.
You can find more information and the latest updates by clicking here:
- Rationale Document
- Frequently Asked Questions information sheet
- A pre-recorded webinar about the proposed model
- July 2015 Webinar to HOD members
- Monthy updates
Connect with others, join the NEHP Facebook group and meet your NEHP leaders:
Chair: Gina Pazzaglia
Chair-elect: Jamie Pope
Secretary: Barbara Grossman
Nominating Committee Member: Sue Cunningham
HOD DPG Delegate: Lona Sandon