Our members are leading the way for nutrition education of health professionals
Pre-recorded Webinar: Nutrition Focused Physical Assessment: Helping Students Make the Clinical Connections
For WebEx streaming version pre-recorded webinar click here.
For MP4 version precorded webinar click here.
Sep. 2015 Update - ACEND Recommends New Education Model
The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) has recommended a new model for the education of nutrition and dietetics professionals based on input from over 9,500 stakeholders.
You can find more information and the latest updates by clicking here:
- Rationale Document
- Frequently Asked Questions information sheet
- A pre-recorded webinar about the proposed model
- July 2015 Webinar to HOD members
- Monthy updates
Connect with others, join the NEHP Facebook group and meet your NEHP leaders:
Chair: Gina Pazzaglia
Chair-elect: Jamie Pope
Secretary: Barbara Grossman
Nominating Committee Member: Sue Cunningham
HOD DPG Delegate: Lona Sandon
Free resource for addressing physical activity in young children
Bright Futures Obesity Prevention Training for Child Care Providers
The curriculum is a series of three online modules designed to help child care providers working in local programs promote children’s physical activity.
• Discusses why it’s important for young children to be physically active
• Explains how much physical activity children need
• Describes how child care providers can promote physical activity in child care programs
• Describes adults’ role, especially parents’, in promoting physical activity
• Provides ideas that child care providers can share with parents to help their child be physically active
The curriculum was produced by Katrina Holt, M.P.H., M.S., R.D., Georgetown University. Development of the curriculum was supported by a grant from the U.S. Department of Health an and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Department of Nutrition.